Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Requirements for obtaining a Marriage License
1. Persons applying shall appear together or separately before the County Clerk.
2. Each applicant shall submit proof of identity and age, for example:
(a) Certified copy of birth certificate
(b) Driver’s license or State I.D. (NO MEXICAN D.L.)
(c) Any document issued by this state or another state, the United States or a foreign government. (BORDER CROSSER, PASSPORT, RESIDENT ALIEN CARD)
If required, a document establishing parental consent, documents establishing that a prior marriage has been dissolved, or a court order.
4. If an applicant is under 18 years of age, he/she must have parental consent.
5. If an applicant is under 16 years of age, he/she must have a court order in addition to parental consent.
6. Social Security Number
7. Neither party can have been divorced within the previous 30 days.
8. Applicants cannot be related to each other as an ancestor or descendant, by blood or adoption; a brother or sister, of the whole or half blood or by adoption; a parent’s brother or sister of the whole or half blood or by adoption; a son or sister of the whole or half blood or by adoption.
9. No blood test is required.
10. The fee for the license is $72.00
The marriage license expires at the end of the 30-day period immediately following the date the license is issued if the ceremony has not been conducted within that period.
The marriage ceremony may not take place during the 72-hour waiting period immediately following the issuance of the license unless an applicant is a member of the armed forces of the United States and is on active duty or an applicant obtains an order from a District Court.