Scope of Services
Building Maintenance and Parks & Grounds has a fine team of employees, entrusted with providing the following services, including but not limited to the following:
• Small to mid-size carpentry projects
• Construction and renovation of remodeling of office spaces, retrofit
• Repair and maintenance of structures related to physical facilities
• Design and make unique cabinets
• Estimate cost
• Ensure compliance with applicable building and safety codes and regulations
• Assist with office furniture relocations
• Electrical issues and lighting replacements.
• Preventive maintenance to HVAC systems
• Ensure compliance with industry safety standards and procedures.
• Oversee central chiller plant and maintain air conditioning compressors, pumps,
electrical motors, boilers, thermostats, etc.
• Repair and maintain department equipment.
• Repair, replace and install or program door entry key pads.
• Repair, replace or install appliances, ice machines, freezers, water fountains,
• Cleaning services to high-profile buildings, main judicial court and administrative
county offices and other Webb county facilities.
• Implementing the use of environmentally friendly products.
• Ensure safety, maintaining clean floors throughout offices and hallways and
• Ensure health awareness, industrial hygiene of facilities for public and employee
Parks & Grounds Division:
• Ensure safety on parks and grounds.
• Maintain landscape for approximately 50 sites.
• Fertilize lawn to maintain greenery.
• Ensure irrigation systems are working properly.
• Cut grass, trim bushes, shrubs and trees.
• Sweep and clean up trash around County Buildings.
• Place and remove sandbags during heavy rain to prevent flooding.
• Set up and take down canopies and tents for Webb County events.
• Set up tables and chairs for Webb County events.
• Provide executive support to Director
• Assist with personnel matters such as job postings, new hires and transfers.
• Assist with Worker's Compensation and Family Medical Leave Act requests
• Process department employee payroll, maintains sick leave, annual leave, personal
holiday and compensatory time accruals.
• Assist with the development and implementation of training and education programs
for department employees.
• Generate and monitor online work order system
• Track department work orders, inventory on equipment, materials and supplies.
• Assist with the development and implementation of preventive maintenance
• Assist with capital fund projects.
• Research and process accounts receivable and accounts payable.
• Assist with development and implementation of changes to policies, procedures,
and processes to improve department's efficiency.