The Webb County Purchasing Board composed of three
District Judges and two County Commissioners appointed Dr. Cecilia May
Moreno to head the Purchasing Department. The Purchasing Agent and staff
act as buyers of all county materials, supplies, capital equipment and
Webb County Purchasing Agent
The Webb County Purchasing Department will
maintain an efficient purchasing department engaged in the procurement
of goods and services according to State Statues and approved County
Policies and Procedures. Webb County will receive
goods and services of the highest quality and at the best price. The
Webb County Purchasing Department will be recognized for the customer
service it provides and for its honesty and integrity.
1. All purchase order transactions will be
conducted according to the State Statues and Webb County policies and
2. Purchasing records will be maintained
according to state and county requirements. They will
be safely secured and accessible for official business.
3. In-house internal audits will be conducted to determine that the Purchasing
Department and other County Department are following purchasing
4. An up to date vendor list will be available to departments and others as
5.Training for Webb County employees involved in the purchasing process will be
6. Disposal of surplus and salvage property will be coordinated with the purchasing
department with approval of the Webb Commissioner’s Court.
7. The Purchasing Department will coordinate with other County Departments to
review proposals and bid specifications before the bid specifications
are available to the public.
8. A list of
all annual contracts and their respective start and end dates will be
9. The bidding process will be conducted with honesty and integrity providing
confidentiality/transparency as appropriate.
10. Cost containment will be practiced; the Webb County Purchasing Department will identify areas of
potential savings for Webb County.
11.The Webb County Purchasing Department will be a partner to other Webb County Departments and be
ready to assist whenever possible.